Many people think that concrete is a plain and boring floor finish. Well, it doesn’t have to be. The finishes available for concrete floors are endless, you can have different patterns, textures, colors, or even a unique design incorporated into your finished concrete floor.
By using stains, dyes, or overlays, it is a simple and inexpensive way to add something special to a room. These can be applied to your existing floor, and if it’s in a poor condition, then an overlay can be used to bring new life and color to it.
Acid Staining or DyeingIf you’re looking for a finish that looks like granite or marble, then this is the choice for you.
Smooth and Texture Stamping ConcreteStamping refers to imprinting the concrete with a pattern. This can be wood grain or a high-gloss finish.
Engraving and Antiquing ConcreteIf you’re looking for a brick or tile look, then this can be done using this method. The finish can look like tiles or brick.
Tiling PatternsTo further add to a tile look, we can even add grouting lines to your concrete floor.
There isn’t anywhere that you can’t use concrete for flooring:
• Residential homes
• Lofts, apartments, and condos
• Retail spaces
• Commercial offices
Benefits of Decorative Concrete
1. Green – Often all that’s needed is concrete, and it will last longer than any other material.
2. Low Maintenance – Usually just wipe clean, and reseal (if needed) every 5 years
3. Affordable – Comparatively low cost compared to tile and wood
4. Durable – With care it will last a lifetime
5. Versatile – Infinite design options